To find out how you can become an Ambassador for Cardiac Athletes scroll down this page where you will find information explaining how to apply.
CA Ambassadors 2017
Roland Malkin – Nottingham, England.
CA Ambassadors 2016
Barry Stone – New Mexico, USA.
Peyton Chitty – North Carolina, USA.
CA Ambassadors 2015
Robert Hudson – Blackpool, England.
Colin Hewitt – Morecambe, England.
Tim Howard – Colorado, USA.
CA Ambassadors 2014
Kathryn ‘Chooka’ Taranto – Victoria, Australia.
CA Ambassador 2013
Sean Doyle – Huddersfield, England.
CA Ambassadors 2009
Tony Jennings – Queensland, Australia.
Jeff Hardisty – Oregon, USA.
Laura Fucci – New Jersey, USA.
The title of ‘Ambassador for Cardiac Athletes’ is an elite member status for long term members who have provided significant service to Cardiac Athletes. These members have demonstrated high standards of professional development and commitment to the goals and long range activities of Cardiac Athletes.
Purpose of ‘CA Ambassador’:
To recognise the member who exhibits a deep and ongoing interest and dedication to the goals and long-range activities of Cardiac Athletes. To more clearly identify ‘the’ ‘go-to’ ‘patient-expert’ for medical professionals to discuss matters of importance. To be the public voice of Cardiac Athletes in the media. To be trusted ‘bridge-builders’ between the world of Cardiac Athletes and the worlds of cardiology, sports cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation and sports medicine. The candidate should consider the application for advancement to Ambassador status to be a request to become more active in the internal affairs of Cardiac Athletes, including serving in a leadership capacity. An applicant should not consider Ambassador status as a final step or for personal gratification or enhancement. Persons applying for Ambassador status should have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical conduct with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of sports cardiology.
For those considering applying, there is a formal application and review process. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements for an application to be reviewed. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee advancement, only that the application will be reviewed. Reviews are completed twice a year. Deadlines to apply are February 1 and August 1.
Prospective applicants need to score 8 points from the following criteria:
Essential criteria (7 points needed):
- The applicant must have a cardiac history. [ one point ]
- The applicant must have been medically cleared for sports participation. [ one point ]
- The applicant must have regularly participated in Cardiac Athletes international online forum discussions for a minimum of 2 years freely sharing their sports cardiology knowledge with others and encouraging all. [ two points ]
- The applicant must have read and be familiar with all Cardiac Athletes website operating documents (Mission, Objectives, Terms, Policies, etc.) [ one point ]
- The applicant must have regularly worn the Cardiac Athletes team kit in public sporting events and venues. [ one point ]
- The applicant must have a recent valid resus CPR, BLS Certificate. [ one point ]
Additional alternative criteria (1 point needed):
- The applicant must have promoted Cardiac Athletes in the public media (book, magazine, journal, TV, radio, internet story, etc.) [ one point ]
- The applicant must have arranged a Cardiac Athletes ‘meet-up’ and or ‘team-up’ of five members or more [ one point ]
- The applicant has attained a professional qualification in a field related to Cardiac Athletes and Sports Cardiology since being a member [ one point ]
- The applicant has had to perform CPR / BLS ‘for real’ since being a member [ one point ]
- The applicant has raised substantial charitable funds for heart charities [ one point ]
- The applicant has purchased and placed an AED in the community from donations raised [ one point ]
- The applicant has provided a voluntary service to Cardiac Athletes (for example a team clothing store leader) [ one point ]
- ‘Other’ criteria suggested by you the members for my consideration [ one point, if deemed valid ]
When awarded the title of ‘Ambassador for Cardiac Athletes’, successful applicants will shortly receive the following in the post:
- A metallic lapel pin badge
- A sew-on badge
- A prestigious certificate
- Additionally you will be listed on the CA Website ‘Register of CA Ambassadors’ page along with your Sports Cardiology ‘Resume’.
- You will be entitled to add ‘Ambassador for Cardiac Athletes’ to your business cards and stationary.