Are you a heart patient wanting to return to sport?
If your cardiac recovery has been so good that your cardiologist has agreed to let you return to your favourite sport “so long as you don’t over do it!” then Cardiac Athletes, launched in 2001 is for you.
Who are Cardiac Athletes?
- People with heart conditions
- Medically cleared to do sports
- Beginners, amateurs & elites
- Males & females of all races & ages
- An international team of champions & pioneers
- Your new friends, mentors & coaches
What do we offer?
FREE, FREE, FREE!…
- Forum with blogs
- Private Facebook Group
- Online Magazine and Publisher
- Global social network support group
- Information, advice and guidelines
- Fitness Tools and Calculators
- Garmin, Strava and Park Run teams
- and much, much more…
What do we do?
- Support, uplift and encourage each other
- Meet up and take part in team sporting events
- Win trophies
- Raise money for charities
- Save lives with the defibrillators we donate
- Raise awareness of heart conditions and treatments
- We are ambassadors for healthy life style changes
- We have a lot of fun and celebrate life every opportunity we get !
If you think you are a Cardiac Athlete then get involved and jump right in: join the forum here
We are a friendly bunch and you have much to gain. We will help you sort out your diet, get you exercising safely and effectively, help you quit smoking, reduce your weight and stress levels and much, much more. We look forward to chatting to you.
Alternatively if you know someone with a heart history then please tell them about this website today. Thank you.
Feel free to look around the site, but before you do that please read our Terms & Conditions.
Charitable Status was granted for the ‘Cardiac Athletes AED Fund’ (Charity Number: 1140298) on the 8th February 2011 by the Charity Commission of the United Kingdom … however … Lars moved to Australia and so is now in talks to add a truely international CA Charity. Watch this space. No monies go in to any of my personal pockets. I could do with some help keeping this website afloat and developing this community further though thank you.
MSc (Cardiology), Dip, HNC (MPPM), BSE, ALS, RCCP, AIR, ASAR, CSANZ.