Are you a heart patient wanting to return to sport?
If your cardiac recovery has been so good that your cardiologist has agreed to let you return to your favourite sport “as long as you don’t overdo it!” then Cardiac Athletes, launched in 2001, is for you.
- are people with heart conditions
- have been medically cleared to do sports
- are beginners, amateurs & elites
- are male, female, of all races & ages
- belong to this international team of champions & pioneers
- are your new friends, mentors & coaches
What do we offer?
FREE, FREE, FREE! …
- Forum with blogs
- Private Facebook Group
- Online magazine and publisher
- Global social network support group
- Information, advice, and guidelines
- Fitness tools and calculators
- Garmin, Strava, and Park Run teams
- much, much more …
What do we do?
- Support, uplift and encourage each other
- Meet up and take part in team sporting events
- Win trophies
- Raise money for charities
- Save lives with the defibrillators we donate
- Raise awareness of heart conditions and treatments
- We are ambassadors for healthy lifestyle changes
- We have a lot of fun and celebrate life every opportunity we get!
If you think you are a Cardiac Athlete then get involved and jump right in: Join the forum here
We are a friendly bunch and you have much to gain. We will help you sort out your diet, get you exercising safely and effectively, help you quit smoking, reduce your weight and stress levels and much, much more. We look forward to chatting with you.
Alternatively, if you know someone with a heart history then please tell them about this website today. They will thank you!
Feel free to look around the site, but before you do that please read our Terms & Conditions.
On 8 February 2011, the Charity Commission of the United Kingdom granted Charitable Status to the ‘Cardiac Athletes AED Fund’ (Charity Number: 1140298).
However, Lars has moved to Australia since then and is now negotiating to make Cardiac Athletes a truly international charity.
Watch this space!
No money that comes in goes to me personally. I can always do with help keeping this website afloat and developing this community further. Thank you.
MSc (Cardiology), Dip, HNC (MPPM), BSE, ALS, RCCP, AIR, ASAR, CSANZ.