cardiacathletes.com aims to reach out to the new pioneers of cardiology, geographically isolated people with cardiac histories who continue to achieve sporting success, to pull these like-minded people together through cyberspace and provide these real modern day “Super Heroes” with the knowledge, skills, tools and finances to beat Heart Disease and remove it once and for all from planet Earth.
<< Click the heart to donate to us via PayPal now.
Cardiac Athletes: Objectives
In order to achieve the above mission statement, the following key component objectives have been identified which this website will endeavour to fulfill at all times:
- to ensure equal access to information without prejudice or discrimination, to give control to the Cardiac Athletes over what confidential medical information is publicly and globally disclosed, and to respect the dignity of Cardiac Athletes at all times. Additionally, detailed financial records for the CA AED Trust Fund will be kept and reported on annually by independent accountants. All Cardiac Athletes members will be involved in the decision-making process when considering how donations to the CA Trust Fund will be spent globally.
- to unite like-minded people of all nationalities, ages and abilities who have had heart problems but who wish to continue with active sporting lifestyles following medical clearance and who wish to support and encourage one another.
- to provide an environment which is conducive to self-improvement, that meets the needs of the Cardiac Athlete, which uplifts, gives hope and motivates by the inclusion of inspirational sporting stories.
- to provide up-to-date evidence-based information from sports specialists and medical professionals on the most safe and effective exercise for the various cardiac conditions.
- to provide an opportunity to express opinions, ask questions and receive answers in plain English and to welcome all forms of feedback which will enable continual improvement of this website.
- to collect anonymised statistical data which will provide new avenues for future scientific research and development, creativity and innovation.